13.4.12

What I learnt being a car

Being a car is pretty good. When I was a car I had a good time. I wasn’t a Formula One car, nothing that fast – that would be terrifying. Can you imagine? Screeching around the track at 200 mph. And with your eyes (the headlights, that is) cruising only a few centimetres above the boiling hot tarmac. That would be bonkers!

But my experience was nothing like that; I wasn’t a Ferrari or even an Audi– that would have been cool though. I like Audis, like the old Quattro and the new one, the futuristic one...

Anyway, the car I was when I was a car was an ordinary car, like what your dad had when you were younger. I had a solid safety record and plenty of space for the kids and a dog and enough luggage space for a long weekend, you know. I offered a smooth, if uninspiring driving experience; pleasant but unremarkable. It was all very nice but what I learnt from my time as a car is that if you are going to be a car you may as well be a wicked car. eg: Knightrider et al.

No comments:

Post a Comment